CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

Why buy?

Kind of hard to answer considering I don't...

I am a library junkie. If I'm only going to read the book once unless I really really like it, why should I pay $8-$20 per book? Buying a book or putting it on my wish list means that I am really devoted to the book. I want the book to be my friend. I will never bend the pages, break the spine, or let anyone borrow it.

I can rough up library books a little bit. I don't feel guilty about tossing it into my (really large) purse along with stuff that could scratch it up some.

I do own some books. They are decoratively placed on my shelves to take up as much space as possible, since my bookshelf is too big for my small amount of books.

So, I guess my answer is that the reason to buy books is they look pretty on the shelf.

My bedroom situation is very odd/awkward. Long story short, everyone who walks into the house can see my bookshelf if they want. That means my books have to looks pretty!

1 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I will admit that bookshelves with books jammed in look yucky and sloppy. Here's my answer.
http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/2008/11/booking-through-thursday.html