CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Booking Through Thursday...on a Friday.

“Name a favorite literary couple and tell me why they are a favorite. If you cannot choose just one, that is okay too. Name as many as you like–sometimes narrowing down a list can be extremely difficult and painful. Or maybe that’s just me.”

It is so cliche, but it is hands down Romeo and Juliet!

In ninth grade, we had to read this for our first Shakespeare in English and while everyone moaned and groaned I loved it! The play shows that love needs to be between the people actually in love, and not with anyone else.

But then when everyone died, it portrayed another idea into my ninth grade mind:

Love really really stinks.

1 comments:

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

I like this answer, Romeo and Juliet were the first literary couple I encountered that really highlighted the importance of the tragic love story.