CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Library Loot October 14-20 2009




Yes, I actually do have some library loot! It is oh-so dangerous having a library with over 250,000 books in it within walking distance of where I live. I don't believe in love at first sight, but the first time I laid eyes on the library here, I fell in love (remember this post? http://bookwormsarah.blogspot.com/2009/01/have-you-ever-been-lost-in-library.html).


Now you know why. I give campus tours to prospective students and I love taking them into the library. In the past few days, I've had the opportunity to show two prospective students the library for the first time.

So, even though I don't have much time to read, I have two projects that I'm working on that require us to use a number of print sources. I'm quickly realizing how great this library is. Even on some really obscure subjects, there are several books on the topic! They even have several shelves of journalism related books. I'm in heaven. I don't normally read nonfiction for fun, but I may have to start!

So here's my loot. Most are for school projects but they are still fun ones!





















I'm doing one speech on gender roles in children's toys and another speech on media bias, so that's what the first four books are for. The books for my media speech are really interesting, but they make me so mad that the media is so corrupt today.


4 comments:

Lusty Reader said...

I'm so envious of your great big gorgeous library! I hope you enjoy your loot!

Eva said...

Those are some interesting sound speeches! Have fun with them! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is a wonderful library, I'm jealous! It's so great to find books on obscure topics. Good luck with your speeches!

Anonymous said...

It's not every day you read another book blogger and see the library of your college alma mater. I recognized it immediately.

As a member of the "media" (work as correspondent for a newspaper), I can say we are not corrupt. ;) Sorry, had to say it.