CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Sunday Salon: Where I try not to get discouraged

This week, I read five chapters of a devotional book.

This is five times more reading for pleasure than I've done for the past four or five months but that doesn't mean I am happy with it. I'm thinking I need to commit to an hour or uninterrupted reading two or three hours a week. I think I can manage that. At that rate I should be able to read one average sized novel each week. On Wednesday night I am going home, but I won't get much opportunities to read. It will be hard to read during the read-a-thon because every day at school is a read-a-thon! Still, I'm going to try to make good progress on one book this weekend. Maybe, if I am ambitious, I will finish this poetry book I've been working on since June and promised a review to the author, who I personally know. Come to think of it, that sounds like a pretty reasonable goal!

3 comments:

Eva said...

Don't get too discouraged! Remember you're still finding balance. :) And you have the rest of your life to read-only 4 years of college!

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

I concur with Eva, don't be discouraged! I have a hard time fitting in pleasure reading, but I always try to read for about a half hour before I go to bed which is nice. I don't finish a novel a week with that, but it's pretty good progress :)

Cindy said...

love ur header! gilmore girls rock!