CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Book Abundance

I have had books aplenty for the past two days!

I rarely buy books, and I usually buy books only for school. However, I bought four books yesterday! At the community college where I take a class twice a week, there was this random used book sale in the lobby! You could take as many books as you wanted and give whatever donation you wanted.

I had a five dollar bill in my purse. I thought it would be rude to ask for change when you give a donation, so I set out to get my money's worth.

I got:

The Pearl by John Steinbeck: creased a lot, but readable. I've read this book before. It was actually on my Christmas list. Score!

Hamlet by Shakespeare: Perfect condition. I will probably have to read this for school.

The Works of Thoreau: I will eventually want to read some of this or will have to for college. It's a nice hardback version and is right at home with my other pretty books. It's pretty old and the pages are thin like that of a Bible.

War and Peace: I figured, whenever I decide to read this it will take me so long that I won't be able to renew it from the library any more (they have a limit of 3 renewals), so it is a good thing that I have it. It looks like it used to have a dust cover, has some markings, and smells.

I actually have a TBR pile now!

I was going to go to the library's used book sale, but now I don't need to.


Some books finally came in to the library for me! The book I wanted for the read-a-thon STILL hasn't come in, Girl, 13! I have right now:

The Uncommon Reader
Schiesshaus Luck
Cell by Stephen King
Sister Bernadette's Barking Dog

I'm still waiting for many more books, like the Slaugherhouse-Five, Girl 13, Dewey, plus some chicklit I wanted for our cruise vacation Thanksgiving week.

I'm very happy.

1 comments:

Ronnica said...

War and Peace is fine, but Tolstoy's Anna Karenina is wonderful. It's forever long, of course, but oh so worth it. I was your age when I read it, but I've also read it one time since then (so you know I thought it was good)!