CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Reading Survey

1. Do you remember learning to read? How old were you? I can't really remember a time where I couldn't read. I remember the first book I read on my own was One Fish, Two Fish, and my first "chapter book" was a book based on the Full House TV show.
2. What do you find most challenging to read? Sci-Fi. It makes no sense to me. I want things to be believeable and realistic. The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was difficult for me, and I suppose Frankenstein will be once I get around to reading that!
3. What are your library habits? It's more like a lifestyle! I never buy books, so the library is my life support! My library has a good selection, but I usually order books from other libraries that mine doesn't have. Then, when I go to pick those up, I pick out the books I want at my library. I do this once every two weeks or so.
4. Have your library habits changed since you were younger? Yes, during the summer we would go to the library at lest 1-2 times a week. I'd get a huge stack of books that I knew I would like, many of them would be re-reads. Now, I go to the library about once every two weeks and get whatever books sound good. I hardly ever re-read things now. I take out as many books as I want, and if I don't read it, it doesn't matter. My mom tells me when we go to a buffet to eat not to feel bad if you don't finish a plateful of food if I don't like it. I can always go back for another plate. I sort of view the library in this way too.
5. How has blogging changed your reading life? I just started blogging, but the internet in general has really changed my reading habits. I read more. I read less chick lit, and I think about WHY I like/dislike the book instead of just saying what I think. Finishing a book is more of a celebration now because I have to update this blog, te Visual Bookshelf on facebook, and post it on Rory's Book Club.
6. What percentage of your books do you get from: New book stores, second hand book stores, the library, online exchange sites, online retailers, other? I get 97% of books from the library. The other 3% (probably less than that) come from Half Price Books, Borders, or Barnes and Noble for school. It's usually Half Price Books unless they don't have it.
7. How often do you read a book and NOT review it in your blog? What are your reasons for not blogging about books? Well, so far, I have blogged about every book I have read since creating this blog. I plan to keep that up.
8. What are your pet peeves about ways people abuse books? Dogearing pages? Reading in the bath? I hate it if people mark books in any way. A book should be read at least twice before it has any creases or tears. But, I love it when I buy a secondhand book or borrow a book from the library and someone left what they were using for a bookmark in the book! It's so cool!
9. Do you ever read for pleasure at work?Do I ever read for pleasure at work? I do read at school, especially if the class is boring or if I know what the teacher is lecturing on anyway. I finished a book recently while sitting in a class!
10. When you give people books as gifts, how do you decide what to give them? I don't give people boosk as gifts. I'm broke, so I mostly give handmade gifts.

0 comments: