CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Read-a-Thon Hour 1

Title of book(s) read since last update: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck and The Lost Lady by Willa Cather
Number of books read since you started:0 completed
Pages read since last update:48
Running total of pages read since you started:48
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 47 minutes. Roughly a page a minute!
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 47 minutes
Mini-challenges completed:
Other participants you’ve visited: Dewey is the only one on my feed that has updated so far! I'll be finding a few people I've never ever visited before after this post though
Prize you’ve won: 0

Mini Challenge:
Where are you reading from today? My house, plus anywhere I go with my family. I may be reading in the car or at Grammy's house. Who knows?
3 facts about me
I am allergic to horses.
I can't sing and type at the same time.
I hate the summer, but love winter!
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 5. Plus other books on my shelf, which isn't much!
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? 300 pages or 3 books.
If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time? my first time!

I woke up an hour earlier than I usually do on Saturdays so I could read. I read for 47 minutes staright. I started with Of Mice and Men but got tired of it then switched. I read the first 30 pages of it yesterday so I could make sure I got into it. I hope by this time nest hour I will be done with it.

I am still in my pjs and have not eaten yet, so that is what I will be doing next. I think I'll spend some time on my popason chair reading and trying to force my cat to sit on my lap. Probably in vain though because he is NOT a lap cat. I need a lap cat when I read!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! know thats fair enough! good work... read-on!

HAVE FUN

Dewey said...

I'm allergic to horses, too! My new cat isn't a lap cat at all, and my old cat is only a lap cat if she's cold. So no cuddling for me today, either, unless I turn off the heat. ;)