CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ghost of Books Past: Forever Liesl by Charmian Carr


While reading the Book Thief, I thought about my Aunt Liesel a lot, and her namesake, Liesl from The Sound of Music. Years ago, my aunt gave me Forever Liesl: A Memoir of The Sound of Music for Christmas. I've read it several times, and each time something pops out at me.


You should watch the movie before you read this book. Then, after reading it, watch it again, noticing certain things like how Liesl has an ace bandage around one of her ankles in the gazebo scene.


The book is written by the woman who played Liesl in the movie. It talks about the original Von Trapp family, where the actors filmed on location, Julie Andrews, and lots more. It's a good, light read.


Spend a weekend dedicated to The Sound of Music. Watch the movie Friday night, read the book Saturday and Sunday so you can watch the movie Sunday night again :)


I love this book. It's not just because one of my favorite people in the world is named after Liesl. :)


4 / 5

0 comments: