CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Conditions

Are you a spine breaker? Or a dog-earer? Do you expect to keep your books in pristine condition even after you have read them? Does watching other readers bend the cover all the way round make you flinch or squeal in pain?

I like my books in perfect condition, thank you very much.

Except, I will buy old books that have some wear and tear. I just don't want to be the one to do the damage...or see anyone else do it.

I hate it when people are reading a nice, brand new looking book and they have the cover folded back while they are reading it. ARRGGH.

4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I'm a changed woman. I was one way, and now I'm the other. The reason WHY is found on my post.

Ronnica said...

Oh, a book is made to be read. So I'll mold it into whatever position I need it to read it the best, and yes, that means folding the book cover back if I'm fortunate enough to have a flexible book. I also underline, highlight, and make notes as needed. I'm not a dog-earer, so don't hate me on that one. =)

Sarah said...

Well, I buy books so rarely, they are a treat and a luxury. I don't treat luxuries badly. I remember how and where I got every book on my shelf. Only a few are damaged, and none of them were damaged by me.

jlshall said...

Spine-breaking is something I definitely try to avoid. I do like my books to look good on the shelf. But inside is another matter. I try to keep dog-earing to a minimum, but most of my books end up with notes in the margins - just can't help myself!