CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Booking through Thursday and Read-aThon Preparations

Read-a-Thon Preparations:

I haven't been in the mood for readin the past two days. I've tries reading three different books and I just can't. I'm in a reading slump. Hopefully I'll be back to normal for the Read-a-Thon! Except for two chapters of Frankstein, I haven't read anything today.


But...my TBR list has grown a lot today!


My last remaining book, Girl, 13, is not even in transit at the library yet. Which means I will not have it in time for Saturday :( I think the person before me lost it!


I made these form thingies that will make it easier for me to keep track of how long a read/blog and how many pages I read. I've planned what I'm going to have for lunch on Saturday even.


To make sure I finish Of Mice and Men during the Read-a-Thon, I will start reading some of it tomorrow.


Can you tell I'm excited?


Booking Through Thursday:

Another thing that shows I have too much time. I'm now doing Weekly Geeks and now Booking Thtough Thursday! This week is a book survey like I did about a week ago.

What was the last book you bought?
East of Eden. That was a loong time ago. I never buy books.
Name a book you have read MORE than once
Does My Head Look Big in This?
Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?
Other than the Bible, no.
How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews
I have a huge TBR list. I just choose whichever one sounds best. I get most of these books from reviews on blogs and from Rory's Book Club.
Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?
Fiction
What’s more important in a novel - beautiful writing or a gripping plot?
gripping plot. If the book is boring, I won't read it.
Most loved/memorable character (character/book)
Hard one! The first one that came to mind for me was Hassan from The Kite Runner

Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?
The Purpose Driven Life, The Story, and my Bible. Just my devotional books...
What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?
I finished She's All That on Tuesday
Have you ever given up on a book half way in?
tons of times!

1 comments:

Debi said...

I hope you're enjoying Frankenstein more than I did. I read it last year, and I really wanted to like it, but just didn't. :( I'm reading Dracula now and am just loving it. Oh, and I hope you enjoy Of Mice and Men...I adore that book!

Have fun with the read-a-thon! You definitely sound as excited as my daughter and I are!