CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hour 12

Time spent:Reading: 34 minutes
Between the covers:--Number of pages: 53
What I read: Through the Looking Glass
Down the hatch:--pumkin whoopie pie
Cumulatively:Reading: 354 minutes
Other (pet care, cooking, etc.): 120 minutes
Between the covers:--Number of pages: 417 pages--
What I've read: Finished of Mice and Men, one short story, Alice in Wonderland, The Old Man and the Sea
Total Mini-Challenges: 4
Audio Book minutes: 18

This is more of an end of the even survey since hour 13 will be my last entry...
Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
2. How many books have you read so far? 3
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? SLEEPING :]
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? nope
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?not as many as I thought I would. At least the time spent on interruptions is less than half of time spent reading!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? how stuff people told me about books to choose was right. I picked some really hard books. I feel so stupid. (That just made my sister laugh, who is READING OVER MY SHOULDER!)
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? have a stilly nonofficial challenge for each hour, like take a walk, dance in your front yard, etc...just to make things interesting!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I'd do tons of things differently. I actually plan to do another post about that, so check back.
9. Are you getting tired yet?not sleepy tired, but tired of reading!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Readers, don't be afraid to take an hour off of reading to visit blogs and stuff. If you are tired of reading it's okay. Once you take an hour to do blog stuff, you'll be ready to read again!


It looks like I won't be able to finish Through the Looking Glass, although I'll be pretty close.

I spent a lot of this hour with earplugs in. The only place I haven't read today is my bed, which is near where some noisy computer game playing is going on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making it to the halfway point! Enjoy your sleep!!

Kim said...

You did an impressive job! The Old Man and the Sea??? That really impressed me as I hate that book and would never choose it for a fun event--(I was forced to read it and analyze it in high school)
cheers to you for a job well done!
*smiles*
Kim